Thursday, December 09, 2004

What have I been up to?

Let's see. I think I've been going crazy lately making holiday gifts. Oh well. Here are some pictures from the past few weeks.
Okay, this one is of a Jupiter Shawl I made. The pattern is from my local yarn shop, Yarnings. I think I was going nuts with fringing here. It never seemed to end.


Fringe, Fringe & more Fringe Posted by Hello

And here is Kishka, my darling poodle, showing off the scarf I made him, He jsut won't take it off. I had to convince him that he should before he ate. That didn't go over to well. Oh well. I finally got it off of him. I call it the Tigger scarf because the yarn looks like Tigger from Winnie the Pooh. Isn't it cute? I think the coloring is just right for him.


Kishka's Scarf Posted by Hello

In the next picture, I'm working on a poncho,(while watching Law & Order SVU with my daddy)for a very special, one year old, name Molly (My dad was helping me keep all of the different yarns straight). I kinda used the pattern from the Knitter's but I had to adjust the size. What I did was, instead of making eight scarves, I casted on like 22 stitches and every three to four rows changed yarns, until I got it to how long I wanted it. Then I just sewed it together to make an L shape.


Knitting & Watching TV with Dad Posted by Hello

I also just learned how to sew seams together with the wrong-sides facing. I think it is called matress stitch, but I'm not sure. My mom just finished a sweater out of peace-fleece for a young boy at the rink, Andrew and I sewed it together yesterday. Check out his site. He is really cute and a great skater. It only took 2 long, long hours. Just kidding, it was fun, even though it did take me a while.


Sewing Side Seams Posted by Hello

And here is another picture of me sewing Andrew's sweater together. I think my mom got these pictures when I wasn't looking.


More Side Seams Posted by Hello

And here is a close up of the color's on Molly's Poncho. Don't the colors work great together?


Close-up of Molly's Poncho Posted by Hello

Well, I've gotten this far on the poncho. All I really have to do is sew in all the ends and add fringe. Then I'm pretty much done.


Molly's Poncho Posted by Hello

I'm also going to make Molly a corresponding hat, and I'm making her mom a scarf. Should be fun. But I haven't started those yet. I've been too busy, as you can see. Off to knit.


6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow. wow. WOW!
Your Mom told me about the poncho on the phone, but WOW!
Yes, you look beautiful in the skating photo,
but you ALWAYS look beautiful!
Miss you LOTS!
xoxoxox
Greta

December 11, 2004 at 3:59:00 PM EST  
Blogger Abbey said...

Rachel, I am so impressed! Your knitting looks great, and I can't belive that you get so much of it done, keep up with school, AND fit in skating!!

December 14, 2004 at 10:37:00 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG, I'm in LOVE with that poncho! And with the pooch!
:)

Rachael
http://yarnagogo.com

December 16, 2004 at 4:05:00 AM EST  
Blogger Rachel Siegel said...

Thank for all of the comments. I've been really busy trying to get Christmas presents done. Shawls and scarves and hats and ponchos. I loved making that poncho. It was so much fun. But I think I could live without weaving in all those ends for a while. They took forever. But I learned how to do a mattress stitch, so it was worth it. More pics coming soon.

December 16, 2004 at 11:40:00 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done!
[url=http://elvpihfo.com/uslw/zaxm.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://dfqxnddl.com/fnpe/xfuq.html]Cool site[/url]

July 28, 2006 at 12:21:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work!
http://elvpihfo.com/uslw/zaxm.html | http://hwesuhwq.com/qztf/pshc.html

July 28, 2006 at 12:25:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home