Saturday, July 31, 2004

It's ok, It was 40% off


40% Off Posted by Hello

Yes, my mom and I went back to Yarnings. They were having a 40% sale on almost everything in the store. It was soooooooooo great. They gave us a whole sheet of stuff that was on sale and said have fun. Trust me, we did.
I got some Gedifra Aragona, which is just luscious. I'm going to make a puppy sweater for, guess who, the Puppy Princess. She will look just gorgeous in it. The colors are just right for her. I also got some Debbie Bliss cotton denim aran and I'm going to make a child's sweater from Debbie Bliss's Denim Book. I'm not sure what it is called, but my mom is looking for it now. I keep seeing the sweater in the store and every time I go there I say, "I'm going to make that sweater," eventually. I guess I was just waiting for a blowout sale, like they had today. Actually my mom is just on the phone right now asking them to hold 3 more skeins because we didn't buy enough. And now she is off to Yarnings again. We just can't get enough of that store.
Anyways, my mom bought some Blue Heron Yarns, in a blueberry. It is sooooooo pretty. She is going to make me a poncho out of it. The pattern was actually designed by one of the women in the store. I think it calls for like 430 yards of Bonita Ribbon on size 19 needles, but I think she is going to double the blueberry stuff and use size 17 needles. I just didn't like how loose the yarn looked. I have always liked knitting things on smaller needles. But what was really funny was, as we were walking into the store another girl was wearing the same poncho and I said, "Mom I want that." Then, when we found the blueberry yarn it was perfect.
Well, I'm off to start the Puppy Princess's sweater. I will post pictures of the puppy sweater tomorrow. Oh, by the way, the name of the Denim Aran sweater is St. Ives Smock. It is really cute.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, the puppy princess is SO excited....but she wants you to come HERE to deliver it in person...hee hee.
I love that Debbie Bliss and your blueberry poncho sounds YUMMY.
xoxoxo
Greta

July 31, 2004 at 8:01:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, what great yarn. and at 40% off. Even better!
froggyknits.com

August 29, 2004 at 9:27:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home